Options Available On Torsion Axles:
- Axle beam only (axle does not include hub; customer can reuse current hub)
- Axle with idler hubs (includes hubs used on trailers without brakes)
- Axle with brake drums & electric assemblies
- Adjustable suspension arm on spline allows you to set your trailer’s height
For Custom Built Axles, we only accept Interac e-Transfer, Direct Wire Transfer and Mail Bank Draft as payment methods.
In Order For You To Obtain A Quote, We Need The Following Information:
Please Note That Axle Dimentsions Are Not NECESSARY To Obtain a Quote
- If you are replacing axles on an existing trailer or building a trailer
- The weight carrying capacity of the axle you are replacing
- If building a trailer, the net weight of the cargo you want to haul
How to Determine Axle Weight Carrying Capacity:
Common Axles Ranging From 2,000lb to 7,000lb (Single Wheel)
- The number of wheels studs on the hub (4, 5*, 6, or 8) and diameter of the wheel stud**
- The inside & outside wheel bearing numbers (if unable to read the numbers, measure the inside diameter with a caliper)
- The diameter of the axle tube
- The inside diameter of the axle brake drum***
*5 bolt wheel bolt pattern (Most common is 5 on 4 1/2″)
**Wheel studs on 7,000lb axles can be either 1/2″ or 9/16″ diameter
***In rare cases, a 6 bolt hub/drum the brake shoe may be 2 1/4″ x 10″ instead of 12″ x 2″
Determining the Dimensions of Torsion Axles
Click the button above for instructional video
- Hub face to hub face measurement
- Outside of trailer frame to outside of trailer frame
- Starting angle of suspension arm
- With 5-bolt hub, check bolt pattern (download template from our website* or consult a tire shop technician)
- Brand of the axle
- Type of mounting bracket (Inboard or Outboard)
- Whether the axle is bolted or welded to the frame
*Bolt pattern checker available for download from Resources
|T2-BEAM||Trailer Torsion Axle, Beam Only|
|T2-IDLER||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 4 On 4” or 5 0n 4 1/2″ Idler Hubs (Please Specify when Ordering)|
|T3-BEAM||Trailer Torsion Axle, Beam Only|
|T3-IDLER||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 5 on 4 1/2″ Idler Hubs|
|T3-EBRAKE||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 5 on 4 1/2″ Brake Hubs & Electric Brake Assemblies|
|T6-BEAM||Trailer Torsion Axle, Beam Only|
|T6-IDLER||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 6 on 5 1/2″ Idler Hubs|
|T6-EBRAKE||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 6 on 5 1/2″ Brake Hubs & Electric Brake Assemblies|
|T7-BEAM||Trailer Torsion Axle, Beam Only|
|T7-IDLER||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 8 on 6 1/2″ Idler Hubs|
|T7-EBRAKE||Trailer Torsion Axle, Includes 8 on 6 1/2″ Brake Hubs & Electric Brake Assemblies|
EZ-Loader Boat Trailer Axles
In order to identify your axle, we need your trailer’s VIN or serial number. With that information, we can make you a quote on the axle. The trailer’s VIN allows us to identify most of the compinents that make up your trailer. We recommend that you check all suspension hardware, including axle hangers, equalizers, suspension bolts, and shackle bolts to ensure that they are not worn out. Worn suspension components on your trailer can cause instability while being towed.
For more information or inquiries, contact us by clicking the button bellow.
Once an item has been shipped, Trailer Canada is not responsible for any damage, delays, or losses incurred during the shipping process.
The customer is responsible for pursuing any issues incured during the shipping process such as damage, delays or losses. The customer is also responsible for ensuring that the shipping information they provided, such as a delivery address, is accurate and will result in a successful delivery.
TRANSPORTATION AND DELIVERY OF AXLES
All Axles must be delivered by common carrier if delivery is requested.
For axle delivery across Canada we can reduce the cost of transportation by shipping the axle(s) to the nearest Carrier Depot or Truck Terminal where possible. Customer then drives to the Terminal to pick up the axles.
Customers may pickup at St. Paul, AB (Main Store) location if they wish. An estimate of time needed for manufacture and delivery of axles and components will be given to the Customer at time of order. We can estimate when the axles will be ready for pickup upon ordering the axles. We will call you when your axles are being delivered or ready for pickup.